How does God call people to the Ministry or the Mission Field?
- You need to remove the cultural mystique we have placed around “the call.”
– You don’t have to wait for an explicit physical sign.
- A desire to do ministry only comes from God.
– If you want to serve God, that is Him calling you to do so.
– 1 Timothy 3:1 “This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.”
- Have a Biblical view of the call.
– God has called every man to be a child of God, and he has called every child to serve Him with our lives.
– 2 Corinthians 5:17-18
– God doesn’t show us what exactly to do, He just leads us one step at a time as we are serving Him in every way that we can.
- Try every open door in ministry
- The basic steps to know you’re called
– Be sure of your salvation
– Live in submission
– Start serving – Do what you can where you are
– Be in the Bible and meditate in it
– Hang around who you want to be
– Pray for laborers
– Read biographies
– Present your body as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
- God has put the ability inside you, but you must stir it up
- You should love Jesus to the point that you can’t not serve him.